Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Day of Not Really Atoning***Updated

I was reluctant to blog today because I should be in temple or at least fasting. I am doing neither. Instead, I am working, doing yoga and staying in my PJs all day. Yep, I am a very bad Jew.

Yesterday I had a really nice day with the kids but it did not start out that way. This week is the first week that I have had two full days alone with the kids so I started out the day in a terrible mood. I tried to do crafts with Sam, she freaked out and insisted that I trace her hand 979 times. And forget stamping. She is way too young and I spent way too much on my I-am-going-to-be-crafty-and-make-my-own-stamped-cards (when-in-reality-it-will-sit-in-my-closet-for-two-years) overpriced stamp set to let her mess it up.

They napped. I cried. And then, like a choose your own adventure, I solicited help from friends on Facebook. Tell me what to do this afternoon, I asked. And they responded with a fabulous suggestion.

We had so much fun and I learned a couple things:

1.) It is really fun to ask friends what to do and then do it. I am going to do this more often.

2.) Multiple children means GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. It may be easier to sit at home and mope, but getting out will make Mommy (and the little demons) feel 500 times better.

Some photos:






***

I try not to bash my home state TOO much since there are plenty of people there I still love (my grandmother, a few close friends).

I also know that not everyone is this ignorant, racist and misled. But I just saw this on the Daily Kos.

To not blog about it would be wrong. This is the town where my 86-year-old grandmother lives. My 86-year-old grandmother who has no internet access and no computer who is still voting for Obama. How can these people be this stupid? Actually, this is not me mocking them. This is me pleading with them: open a newspaper (the New York Times is the best one), READ it and then talk. You are an insult to your parents, Ohioans (like me) and all Americans. Your racist ignorant rantings are an embarrassment. I swear people should have to pass an IQ test to vote in this country.

Did these people even finish middle school?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun time!

Unknown said...

I just watched the video clip. OMG. What ignorance.

Unknown said...

That video is insane. I can't believe it's the 21st century and people are still talking in code for "I don't trust him because he's black". It's ridiculous.

Kristi said...

Yes-getting out of the house is essential.

And those videos are astonishing. Their ignorance is vile.

Sarah P. said...

I came across this today and thought you might appreciate (?) it:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/religulous.html?gottaloveit

Hope you are feeling better!

Sarah P. said...

Hmm, it looks like the web address didn't quite fit in the comment. It should be .html?gottaloveit for the rest of the address.