Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank G-d. Thank G-d.

When Sam woke up this morning, I could not stop crying. My babies' rights are safe. She will be treated equally and be able to decide what to do with her own body.

I have never had more faith in my country than I do today. And though I am bitterly disappointed that Prop 8 passed in California, I am so grateful that Obama beat McCain in a landslide. America the beautiful, indeed.

I never thought I would see it. Maybe President Bush was truly just that bad. Or maybe the tide of the country is changing. But what I really believe more than anything is that Obama supporters entered the polls full of hope and faith while McCain's were voting based on hatred and fear. Positive energy wins every time. Eight years of hell are over. Thank G-d. Thank G-d.




And what would today be without my victory mix? So here it is:

Miracle of Miracle

-Fiddler on the Roof
A Change Is Gonna Come
-Sam Cooke
Blue (Da Ba Dee)
-Eiffel 65
I Will Buy You a New Life
-Everclear
Here Comes The Sun
-Nina Simone
Talkin' Bout a Revolution
-Tracy Chapman
This Will Be Our Year
-The Zombies
Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours
-Stevie Wonder
We Are the Champions
-Queen
Imagine
-John Lennon
American Prayer
-Dave Stewart & His Rock Fabulous Orchestra
People Get Ready
-Curtis Mayfield
No Surrender
-Bruce Springsteen
One Day More
-Cindy Benson & Jesse Corti
Do You Hear the People Sing?
-Michael Maguire
The Times They Are A-Changin'
-Bob Dylan

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes We Can Whallop the Geriatric Republican Hatemonger!

Unknown said...

I read a Republican's blog this morning in which she spoke of being "bitterly disappointed." She went on to say it wasn't the will of the people that Obama was elected, however, but the will of God, and that she just has to find a way to come to terms with the outcome.

Give me a break! God had absolutely nothing to do with how *most* people voted. The American people came together to say NO MORE!! Why anyone would support the Republican party, I can't understand.

I fell asleep last night but woke up at 11:58, just in time to see Obama's speech. I'm SO glad I did!

Agent Saskia said...

I had tears in my eyes when he spoke. I think you are right about a culture of fear vs. hope.