Friday, June 13, 2008

Circimcision Redux

I still have no decision on this matter...

After extensive (extensive and exhaustive) research, R and I are still no better off than we were before. There is no great argument for it, but I am not comfortable taking it off the table.

The truth is, I am leaning towards doing it. The whole "covenant with G-d" thing is really starting to weigh on my mind. Can I have a Jewish son if he is not snipped? Last night a friend told me that some rabbis will not do a Bar Mitzvah if they have reason to suspect that a boy is not cut...

Plus, there is the whole issue of continuity. Like father, like son. I hate to be rote and just like everyone else. But hey, it's my people's tradition.

Plus, R is now on board. Looks like we are likely to do it.

Stay tuned.

No comments: