Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sickedy-Sick-Sick

R keeps saying that this child must be a boy. This is because it seems like I have been freebasing testosterone this entire pregnancy.

I am furious, angry, irrational. I spend my days starting out the window, finding various infractions to report to the police. Half the things I have done in the past two months will definitely be filed under the "too embarrassing to share" portion of my life's folder.

I have no idea why I am this angry, but little things make me irate. I feel like the Incredible Hulk minus the green makeup and massive muscles. R keeps saying that my stomach problems are probably stemming more from this anger and stress than anything else. Maybe. But it does not change the fact that I am a growling, snarling dog these days.

Lately I have also started to entertain the notion that the child I am carrying is the devil spawn. I give you the following as evidence:

1.) My morning sickness shows no signs of abatement. In fact,I think it is worse.

2.) I have never been as sick as long as I have been sick this past week

3.) I am zonked, exhausted, wiped every second of everyday

4.) I have been to the hospital/Dr. not once, but TWICE in three weeks

5.) My weight has been up and down and up and down for weeks

In other words: this has not been an easy pregnancy so far. Between the stress, exhaustion, stomach pain and nausea, I found myself yelling at Sam yesterday. It is not her fault. She is only one and she wants what she wants. But lugging around a squirming 19-pound child is very difficult when one's stomach feels as though it is being stabbed with a bread knife and one is so tired, they may pass out.

I thought this pregnancy would be easier since I do not have to drag my butt into work each morning. But I thought wrong. And at only 16 weeks (almost), I still have a long haul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel for you!!

I got pregnant with #2 when #1 was 18 months old (and we were in the process of moving out of state). It was pure hell. Thank goodness I had only morning sickness (throwing up three times a day) as opposed to hyperemesis like I did with the 1st and 3rd (throwing up ALL day long).

Have you talked to your doctor about the possibility of Zofran? Although it's usually only prescribed for pregnant women with hyperemesis, it might be worth asking about. However, if your insurance company won't cover the cost, expect to shell out $1000+ a month.

I think I agree with your husbad, though. Feeling stressed while pregnant only makes tummy troubles a lot worse.