Sunday, April 8, 2007

Five Question Game

Thanks Kristi for my 5 questions!! I will attempt to answer them honestly...


1. What is the most important lesson anyone has ever taught you?

Over time I have learned how NOT to be from someone who constantly looks at problems and sees only her own victimization. Rather than looking at a problem and searching for the way to solve it, she looks at walls and sees only what is in front of her. It makes for an extremely depressing life. She can barely leave her house without feeling victimized. Sad for her. But for me, it is an important lesson. I will always look around the wall and find the way over. Life is way, WAY too short to be constantly stymied by your own fears and insecurities. We may as well be dead.

2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?

Probably Thai Soft Shell Crab extra spicy. It is both sweet and spicy and contains all major nutrients. Served over brown rice, it even has all of the food groups. Every year for my birthday my family takes me to the same Thai place to get this dish.

3. What current social issue is the most important to you?

I would have a hard time deciding between abortion rights and gay marriage. Both are equally important to me. But if I was forced to choose, I would have to say that right now it is gay marriage. This is mostly because I think what is happening in regard to this issue is so reprehensible. I am sick at the thought of people voting to decide whether two people who love eachother can be together. Why the hell does anyone care? It makes me so sad--both for the couples and for the person who is so ignorant they would vote against it. This issue really highlights the divide in this country and makes me realize how sheltered I am. No one I am close to would actually vote against gay marriage, but apparently I--and all of my friends--are in the 10% of the country who feels this way. That means I have no connection to 90% of the people in this country. And that is profoundly depressing.

4. If you could get away with a criminal act, scott-free, and never have anyone know about it, and never be charged for the crime, what would it be?

This is a really hard one... I fear I could be arrested for my answer alone... So, I will simplify the whole thing. I would steal something worth about 10 million dollars from someone like the wretched Donald Trump. Then I would sell it on Ebay and invest all the money so I would no longer have to think about money and could do whatever I want.

5. If you could go on any game show, past or present, which one would it be?

um... Price is Right, I guess. I always wanted to spin that big wheel, although I would suck. Just ask R. I have no concept of the cost of anything. If you told me $10 was reasonable for milk, I would believe you.

Anyone else want to play? I will ask 5 questions. Just let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Great answers. Gay marriage is such an important issue to me as well. I absolutely despise the Republican rhetoric that gay marriage threatens the moral fiber of the "American family." How exactly does gay marriage threaten hetero marriage? I think divorce, infidelity, and a whole host of other social issues are the real "threat" to hetero marriage and family. Ugh! This topic makes my blood boil.