Friday, December 29, 2006

Food and Dance

Last night, R and I went to Clio with my dad, E and some of my father's friends who were in from Buenos Aires, Argentina. The meal was fine, although I ordered lobster, which was a mistake. I tend to be a lobster purist and the wasabi/coconut butter basting was not really my kind of meal. R's meal was divine, though--foie gras, which literally melted on the tongue and venison. My autumn squash soup was also quite inspiring, filled with toasted pumpkin seeds and light cream. Not one of the best meals of the year, but definitiely memorable due more to the company than the food (actually, I am not eating much these days as the baby seems to be squashing my stomach--good for weight gain, bad for yummy dinners). Not only did we have a great time with dad's Argentinean friends, we also scored an invitation to come to Buenos Aires next year, which we will certainly be following through on. Whether we will bring the baby or not remains to be seen, but I am thinking a trip to the Southern Hemisphere next year at this time would be good for all three of us and I have always lusted after Buenos Aires and regretted my decision to study abroad my junior year in Italy instead of the Argentina program I orginally planned. Live and learn, I guess. So next year, it's on!

In other news, I am looking forward to July 1 when little S will officially be six months and I can take her to Baby Loves Disco. There is no event that could possibly be more perfect for me. How about a little Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, and Donna Summers? Add to that a bunch of happy babys and like-minded parents and I think I have found heaven.

So much to look forward to. Sigh. Now she just needs to finish cooking!!

No comments: